You may use the HomeGenie Platform only for lawful purposes. You may not use the HomeGenie Platform:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards [INSERT A LINK TO CONTENT STANDARDS BELOW].
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the HomeGenie Platform;
- any equipment or network on which the HomeGenie Platform is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the HomeGenie Platform; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party in order to facilitate you or allow you to access any part of the HomeGenie Platform.
Code of conduct
Due to personalised nature of the Services you may, time to time, personally interact with the Service Providers. Your continued use of the Services is contingent upon your continued observance of following code of conduct:
You agree that you shall not:
- physical harm, threaten to harm, or intentionally or recklessly cause harm to the Service Providers or create a condition that endangers the health and safety of the Service Provider;
- make or attempt any unwanted sexual advance or statements to the Service Providers;
- threaten, harass, stalk, intimidate, or engage in any other aggressive, bullying or unlawful behavior against the Service Providers;
- use any vulgar or obscene language or otherwise engage in behavior that is likely to make the Service Provider feel uncomfortable, embarrassed or offended; or
- engage in any behavior that discriminates against the Service Providers on the basis of race, caste, sex, religion, age, national origin or sexual orientation.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the HomeGenie Platform, and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with the Applicable Law in the UAE and in any country from which they are posted or in which such contributions are likely to be of interest.
Contributions must not:
- be misleading in any way.
- contain video, photographs, or images of another person (without voluntary permission/consent of that person).
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any intellectual property right of any other person
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Threaten public order or incite commission of any cognizable offence.
- Prevent investigation of any offence.
- Be insulting to any other nation.
- Threaten the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of the UAE.
- Threaten India’s friendly relations with foreign states.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Be blasphemous or paedophilic in nature.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- refers to any HomeGenie Platform or URL that, in our sole discretion, contains material that is inappropriate for the HomeGenie Platform or any other website, contains content that would be prohibited or violates the letter or spirit of this Acceptable Use Policy or the Terms.
- interfere with another user’s use and enjoyment of the HomeGenie Platform or any other individual’s user and enjoyment of similar services;
- solicit gambling or engages in any gambling activity which we, in our sole discretion, believe is or could be construed as being illegal;
- involve the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters”, or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”.
- shall not, directly or indirectly, offer, attempt to offer, trade or attempt to trade in any item, the dealing of which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of the HomeGenie Platform. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the HomeGenie Platform.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the HomeGenie Platform.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.