INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on the HomeGenie Platform or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the HomeGenie Platform, subscribe to our Services, participate in social media functions on the HomeGenie Platform, provide feedback, reviews and rating or when you report a problem with the HomeGenie Platform. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description, photograph or photographs of specific area of your home or such equipment/appliances, that require repair. You may also choose to provide other personal information in order to express yourself beyond the required information, such as your location, your website, or a picture. Your name and your profile picture you choose to add to your profile will be available for public viewing on the HomeGenie Platform.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to the HomeGenie Platform, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- such information as required to provide/enhance the Services including without limitation photographs or details of such specific area of your home or home appliances/equipment that have been repaired or are being used by you.
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) click stream to, through and from the HomeGenie Platform (including date and time); material or information that you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- If you use your account information with Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus or Gmail or any other social networking or similar site (collectively,“SNS”) to sign in to the HomeGenie Platform, an option of which may be provided by the HomeGenie Platform to you at its sole discretion, we will collect and store your SNS User ID, and other account information and other information freely made available to the Company by the SNS. The Account Information that is collected includes all the account information provided by you to that HomeGenie Platform. Please be aware that the other information we obtain from the SNS is often dependent on their privacy policies and/or on your settings regarding what information you have consented to share with services like that of Company’s.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will inform you when we collect that data and that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this HomeGenie Platform. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from such sources. We collect non-personally identifiable information from the HomeGenie Platform visitors to track the total of number of visitors to the HomeGenie Platform in aggregate form and identify the type of Internet web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer®) and operating system (e.g., Windows®, Android, iOS, etc.) used by the Users. This information allows us continuously to improve our HomeGenie Platform.
Metadata is usually technical data associated with Content you submit, post or share on the HomeGenie Platform. Users can add or may have metadata added to their Content including geolocation, date, attribution, or other data.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us.We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- to verify and process your personal particulars and payment
- to communicate with you, including to confirm and update you on the status of the Services and respond to your queries and requests
- to share with Suppliers to improve Suppliers’ services
- to inform you of promotions, offers, surveys, events, products and services, which may be of interest to you
- to facilitate the Services offered through the HomeGenie Platform
- to update and back-up our records
- to reduce credit risk, detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity
- to comply with Applicable Law, the requests of law enforcement and regulatory officials, or orders of court
- to enforce our legal rights and remedies
- to enhance the security of the HomeGenie Platform
- to personalise content
- to remember information to help you efficiently access your account
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you are already using or have enquired about
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you. If you are a registered User, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to the Services. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- to notify you about changes to our Services
- to ensure that content from the HomeGenie Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/mobile
- to send you Service-related notices. We may also use your contact information to send you marketing email messages. If you do not want to receive such messages, you may opt out by following the instructions in the message. In order to verify that the e-mail address provided by you belongs to you, we will send you a verification e-mail. Once, the verification process is complete, your Account will be fully functional.
- Information we collect about you.We will use this information:
- to administer the HomeGenie Platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve the HomeGenie Platform to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or smartphone
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, if any, when you choose to do so;
- to publish in social media or on HomeGenie Platform for the promotion of the Company or the HomeGenie Platform
- as part of our efforts to keep the HomeGenie Platform safe and secure
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other Users of the HomeGenie Platform about Services that may interest you or them Information we receive from other sources.We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you.We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
For the Content that you personally upload on the HomeGenie Platform, you can choose to keep your Content private or public. Private Content will not be visible to anyone except you and people with whom you share the URL of the private Content so uploaded. Private Content will not be cached and archived on our servers. Public Content on the other hand is accessible to everyone, including search engines. Other Users can collect, reproduce, comment on, and share all publicly available Content on the HomeGenie Platform. We reserve the right to share all public Content on any SNS or any other online or offline platform. We will never share any Content which you have marked as private unless we have your permission from you. We will never rent or sell your personal information to third parties, except on an anonymized basis, unless expressly provided in these Terms.
Any information you voluntarily disclose for posting to the HomeGenie Platform, including your profile page information, is accessible to anyone. When you submit, post or share the Content that you choose to make public, on the HomeGenie Platform, it may be re-shared by others.
We may share your personal information with any member of our Group. The term “Group” includes means, with respect to any person, any entity that is controlled by such person, or any entity that controls such person, or any entity that is under common control with such person, whether directly or indirectly, or, in the case of a natural person, any relative.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our Users (for example, we may inform them that any given number of women in a specified age group clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms or and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHEN WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Personal data refers to data, whether true or not, about an individual: (i) who can be identified from that data; or (ii) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. All credit/debit card details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the HomeGenie Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the HomeGenie Platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW WE TREAT YOUR BROWSER INFORMATION
We analyze the log files of our HomeGenie Platform to better understand the volume of traffic to particular areas of our HomeGenie Platform. This information helps us to serve your information needs.
You are free to remove or delete Content from your Account at any point in time by sending a request to email@example.com. However, there is a strong possibility that copies of public Content will be retained indefinitely in our systems, including in cached and archived pages of the HomeGenie Platform, or if other Users have copied or saved that information. In addition, due to the nature of internet sharing, copies of your Content, including Content that you have removed or deleted from your Account, may also exist elsewhere on the Internet and be retained indefinitely.
As noted above, you may opt out from unwanted e-mail communications from us by following the instructions in the message. However, until your Account is deleted you will continue to receive all system e-mails.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The HomeGenie Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The HomeGenie Platform Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore, customers are encouraged to frequently visit the above sections in order to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.